Check out the support & guidance available to aid you in the Cost of Living Crisis
The cost of living crisis has been challenging for everyone in the UK, especially students. With the rise in energy bills, rent costs and everyday essentials, Herts SU understands how tricky covering costs can be. Your Elected Officers have been reviewing what financial support is available for students and lobbying the University accordingly.
Financial Support for Students
Your President, Rhiannon Ellis, has successfully lobbied the University for additional funding to provide key support and aid for students. Alongside increasing existing funds (UFAF & OEFA), Rhiannon advocated for the launch of a new fund (STAG) which can be accessed by both Home and International students. Information about financial support provided by the University can be found below...
- University Financial Assistance Fund (UFAF)
- Home students only
- A non-repayable financial award to assist Home students who find themselves in financial difficulty. Find out more and apply here.
- Overseas Emergency Financial Aid (OEFA)
- International students only
- A non-repayable financial award to assist Overseas students who find themselves in financial difficulty. Find out more and apply here.
- Short-Term Assistance Grant (STAG)
- Home and International students
- This fund is available to all registered students who are struggling with the rising cost of living crisis. Find out more and apply here.
Advice & Support
Alongside the University’s financial assistance, there is a range of support available to guide you with budgeting and money management, such as online guidance via BlackBullion and in-person support via our Advice & Support team. For further information and to book an appointment, click here.
The Elected Officers recently launched a Cost of Living Feedback Form in order to understand how the Cost of Living Crisis is affecting students here at Herts. They are currently analysing the feedback and will be using this to lobby the Uni of Herts for further support where needed. We will also be using this feedback to shape how we, the Students’ Union, can support you better. If you didn’t complete the feedback form but would like to have your voice heard, please contact Rhiannon directly at email@example.com.