The Society Committee Nominations Round 3 has opened and closes on Monday 30th May 2022 at 9am.
Societies are run by students in their free time. Every year Herts SU puts on a massive election to get students to come forward and nominate themselves to run a society.
Imagine you could be running your society with a team of students, deciding what events or trips you want to run next year!
Voting starts Wed 01/06/2022 at 10:00am to Mon 06/06/2022 at 09:00am.
Roles avalible for Esports Society are:
- Esports Society - Broadcast Manager
Benefits of being a society committee member:
- Full training provided
- You become a Student Leader
- Create fun events for your society
- Use venues all over campus
- Society grant funding
- Use on your CV!
- Certificate of Participation*
- Use on the Go Herts Award
How to nominate yourself
- Log into your student account on the Herts SU website
- Head to your society page and scroll to the bottom of the page
- Click on the Election
- Locate the role you want to nominate yourself for and click 'nominate yourself'
- Fill in the boxes with your information and upload a photo of yourself. Click on ‘review your nomination’
- You also have the option of adding a typed manifesto in the manifesto box (Explain why you are suitable for the role and why your society members should vote for you?)
- You will receive an email after you have nominated yourself. Your name will appear under the committee role once the voting begins.
Some roles are not put up for election as some students have already been elected into these roles in round one.
Make sure you nominate yourself for the role before the nomination period ends on Monday 30th May 2022 at 9am.
Elections rules can be found here
Herts SU Esports Society is the first official home for Esports at the University of Hertfordshire.
Since 2016, we've fielded teams in university, open and invitational tournaments both online and offline including The NUEL (National University Esports League), NSE (National Student Esports), and BUSR (British University Sim Racing). Hertfordshire has quickly grown to be one of the top esports universities in the country, with multiple top 10 finishes across all our main games. Some of our notable achievements are becoming the National University Dota 2 Champions in 2018, winning the NSE launch event for League of Legends (at the Redbull Gaming Sphere), coming second in the UK University Valorant league, hosting a 72 hour charity livestream for SpecialEffect (where £1204 was raised!), and even winning Society of the Year in 2018!
At the Esports society we regularly host awesome events; including viewings, trips to live events, LANs and our very own in-house tournaments. In 2018 we also held a sponsored event with ASUS ROG for Join The Republic, where we hosted HenryG and Pala as guests to the Forum. Throughout 2020 and 2021, the pandemic unfortunately resulted in the severe lack of Esports LANs. However, things are starting to clear up, and we'll be back hosting LANs soon!
We currently field teams in League of Legends, Valorant, Counter Strike, Dota 2, Overwatch, Rocket League, Rainbow Six, Call of Duty and various Sim Racing games!
If you would like to hear more about everything we're doing, join our discord! https://discord.herts.gg/