We're on hand to offer guidance surrounding your financial wellbeing.
The Cost of Living emergency is affecting everyone, especially students, and now more than ever it is important that we are managing our money wisely and being mindful with our spending.
- - Herts SU Advice & Support can provide guidance about how to create personalized budget plans, whilst exploring spending habits and ways to make savings. The team are also a referring agent for nationwide food banks and offer free period products and condoms to students all year round. You can request an appointment, or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are also a number of fantastic university services which can help students with their financial queries:
- - UH Student Funding & Financial Support offer guidance to all Student Loans Company (SLC) funded students, alongside managing a number of financial support funds for students (eligibility criteria apply). You can request an appointment, or contact the team via email@example.com.
- - UH Student Account Management administrates student tuition fee and on-campus accommodation fee payments. If you have been affected by exceptional circumstances, which have affected your ability to pay your tuition fees on time, you can notify the team via this online form. You can also contact the team via e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- - UH Student Success supports students from underrepresented groups at the university (find out more here) - providing financial advice, support and funding opportunities (eligibility criteria apply). You can contact the team via email@example.com.
Financial Support for Students
The University has a number of funds which are available to provide financial support to students, including;
- University Financial Assistance Fund (UFAF)
- Home students only
- A non-repayable financial award to assist Home students who find themselves in financial difficulty. Find out more and apply here.
- Overseas Emergency Financial Aid (OEFA)
- International students only
- A non-repayable financial award to assist Overseas students who find themselves in financial difficulty. Find out more and apply here.
- Short-Term Assistance Grant (STAG)
- Home and International students
- This fund is available to all registered students who are struggling with the rising cost of living crisis. Find out more and apply here.
If you have questions about any of the funds, you can request an appointment with the University's Student Funding & Financial Support Team by completing this online form.
As a UH student, you can register for free to use Blackbullion. From learning about money management, overdrafts and credit cards - to interactive budget calculators and funding searches; Blackbullion is an excellent financial e-learning tool with the aim to provide you with money management skills for life.