Put yourself forwards for one of our exciting student leader roles!
Running in the elections is an incredible experience and the positions are like no other. If you want to lead from the front with one of our paid roles, make sure you nominate yourself! All candidates will be supported by Herts SU to ensure they feel empowered to participate, their wellbeing is prioritised and they understand the ins and outs of the democratic process
How to Nominate Yourself
- 1. Login to the website
- You must be signed into the website to nominate yourself. You will not be able to access the nominations area until you have logged in. You can login here
- 2. Scroll down on this page and click 'Stand in Election'
- Once you've clicked on this button, you'll need to follow the process on this page. Please note that you will need 3 current students to sign your nomination
- 3. Attend Candidate Bootcamp & Question Time
- We will have to check the eligibility of all candidates. Once approved, we will invite you to the Candidate Bootcamp which details everything you need to know about the Elections and the Elected Officer roles. You will also be invited to Question Time where you'll be able to explain your vision to students
- 4. Create a Candidate Profile
- You'll need to write up a mini profile to let other students know why they should vote for you. We'll run you through this during Candidate Bootcamp, so don't worry about this just yet
- 5. Campaign during the Voting period
- You'll need to convince other students to vote for you! We'll explain how all this works during Candidate Bootcamp
Run in the Elections
You can run for a role right here from Monday 20th February (12:00) - Monday 13th March (12:00)
Please note that you must login before you can run for a role. Once you have signed in, you will be able to proceed with your self-nomination below
Please contact email@example.com if you run into any trouble
Rules and Regulations
Bye-Laws and Policies
Have a question about Elections? Get in touch!
Elections Homepage | The Positions Available | Candidate Hub